Dear Parents and Guardians,
On behalf of the staff at P.S. 396, I am happy to welcome you to the 2014-2015 school year! Here at PS 396 our mission is to create a school that not only supports students towards meeting their academic goals but one that does so through an equally important focus on students’ social and emotional well-being and growth. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve these goals. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
2014-2015 School Supply List.docx
Click attachment to view k-2 and 3-5 supply list for 2014-2015 school year.
P.S. 396 was awarded and recognized as a
2014 Respect For All School!
Check out our PS 396 Student of the Month "Flash Mob" Video!
flash mob for web(1).m4v
Congratulations to our ASD Nest program!
Students and staff from our school are featured in videos
on the NYU website, in celebration of their exemplary work. You can find the videos on the right-hand side of the following webpage: http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/asdnest/